FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Most important thing, Prep and clean the concrete as we prescribe. Shot blasting, grinding, or muriatic acid along with cleaning and power washing will insure for a proper bond. Never skip this step.
- Apply the epoxy at the recommended thickness. 10 mils or 160 SF/gallon is important for any garage installation. Mark out an area of 160 SF to make sure you apply properly.
- After rolling out several square feet, attach spike shoes, walk out onto the epoxy coating and examine for any thin areas. If present dip the roller and drop epoxy onto those areas and reroll lightly.
- Add decorative paint chips to complete the finish. When applying chips take a small bucket of chips, pince a small amount and throw upward to allow those chips to filter down. This will insure an even distribution.
- Always apply a clear top coat of urethane or polyaspartic to protect your new floor. Add skid proof to clear coat to help create a more slip resistant floor.
Yes. Sand the floor with 80 grit sandpaper using a floor machine. You can rent these machines at any home improvement or rental stores. Coat the floor with first coat of Epoxy epoxy, wait 24 hours and sand again using 80 grit sandpaper. Apply a second coat of epoxy and flake the floor. Remember decorative chips are important to hiding imperfections in the floor.
22. Why should I use EpoxyDoc over other brands of epoxy?
EpoxyDoc epoxies are manufactured to the highest standards. They are 100% solids epoxy. Self leveling and engineered for easy application. There simply is no finer epoxy on the market. With over 15 years of combined experience in the manufacturing and application of epoxies and other coatings, you can be assured of a quality product. Remember we were installers first before we became manufacturers. We're pretty good at what we do. Our products are used by professionals and those of you that want to do it yourself making it hard to screw it up.
23. What does 100% solids epoxy mean?
Our epoxies are thick, durable, and perform to high standards. 100% solids means that when you apply 10 mils of 100 % solids epoxy it has a dry film of 10 mils. In comparison if you use a water base epoxy which is 50% solids and you apply it at 6 mils you will get a dry film of 3 mils. Our EpoxyDoc 100 % solids epoxy is used in garages and heavy duty industrial warehouses.
EpoxyDoc manufactures quality products. We are installers so we understand the most important part of any application is the installation. While other companies sell epoxies and coatings, we sell epoxies and coatings and know how to help you install the perfect floor everytime. If you have questions we can help. 877-574-7415